One of the major issues facing education is how technology can be used in the classroom in a way that is effective to teaching, learning, and assessment. The National Education Technology Plan was created by the Department of Education in order to address these issues.
Once schools have decided on the best way to approach technology, they must take a proactive stance, rather than a reactive one. It is more common for schools to take punitive measures when it comes to digital and social media tools, which are actually ineffective and deleterious to learning. In order to prevent this, school districts must create not only an acceptable use policy, but also a social media policy that directly addresses these issues.
Using the National Education Technology Plan as a guideline, the paper discusses how technology can be used effectively in a 21st century classroom by suggesting various digital tools for each area and practical applications for each. The rest of the paper discusses the three common barriers that prevent schools from properly utilizing technology tools.
Tags9/11 advocacy blogging born digital change collaboration communication cyberbullying digital divide digital natives education hierarchy hyperlinked library hyperlocal interactive technology internship leadership librarianship Library of Congress Lil Buck lis 716 lis768 literature review online communities politics professionalism publicity quote reflection research paper savelibraries social media social media policy social networks storify summer school transparency user services web tools Yo Yo Ma
- 3 of 5 stars to The Cat Who Said Cheese by Lilian Jackson Braun goodreads.com/review/show/21… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to The Cat Who Tailed a Thief by Lilian Jackson Braun goodreads.com/review/show/21… 4 days ago
- 4 of 5 stars to All's Faire in Middle School by Victoria Jamieson goodreads.com/review/show/21… 6 days ago
- 3 of 5 stars to The Cat Who Blew the Whistle by Lilian Jackson Braun goodreads.com/review/show/21… 1 week ago
- 3 of 5 stars to The Cat Who Came to Breakfast by Lilian Jackson Braun goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 weeks ago